Friday, June 20, 2014

Fact Fiction Friday ~ Anne Frank

Continuing our new and regular feature here at Historical Fiction.  

Each Friday we will publish an historical fact based upon the date. Each fact will be accompanied by a book(s) title and perhaps a review or other snippet.

20th June 1943. Today marks the anniversary of the German round up of the Jewish population in Amsterdam.

The Diary of a Young Girl: The Definitive…I visited Amsterdam in my early teens. That visit included amongst others a visit to Anne Frank's house. I was incredibly moved by the account of the war years in The Netherlands, the legacy she left behind.

So it will not be a surprise that I am going to suggest The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank.
The Hidden Life of Otto Frank by Carol Ann…

I am also going to suggest this book. The Hidden Life of Otto Frank, who was Anne's father who survived the war.

1 comment:

  1. This edition of The Diary of Anne Frank is my absolute favorite. My parents gave it to me as a gift many years ago and I read it over and over and over...

    She had such hope and faith in humanity!

    ReplyDelete